The sixth annual Bone Suckin’ Sauce Peak City Pig Fest is back this weekend from June 16-17 in the historic part of downtown Apex. It’s everyone’s most anticipated event, with thousands coming from out of town to witness the barbecue competition.
With a number of activities and events, you’ll find something for everyone at the Peak City Pig Fest. Highlighted by everything from samples and demonstrations to a rib-eating contest and pig races, this festival is one for the books.
This year, you’ll be able to hang out at the Beer Garden near the Apex Chamber where you can find craft beers and wine from the Bombshell Beer Company, Blueprint Brewing Company, and Southern Peak Brewery. Live music and food will also be on site.
Since barbecue is the main focus of the entire festival, you’ll get to be a part of the People’s Choice Competition, deciding which barbecue is most satisfying to your palate. Don’t forget to attend the Award’s Ceremony on Saturday at 5 PM on the Main Stage, to see the results of the BBQ cook team competition.
Here’s the full schedule of events and details that you’ll need to know, provided by the Peak City Fest website:
- Friday 5pm – 11pm, Saturday 11am – 8pm (Apex Chamber)
- Enjoy live music, food, and drinks. Featuring a full lineup of domestic beers, wine, and craft beers from Bombshell Beer Company, Brueprint Brewing Company, and Southern Peak Brewery
- Beer must be purchased with a ticket – $5 each
- Beer Garden Rules:
- No strollers, smoking, or weapons
- Must be at least 21 and have a valid photo ID to get a wristband
- Wristbands are required for anyone drinking or purchasing alcohol
- We reserve the right to card any Beer Garden patron at any time
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any person who is visibly intoxicated
Rib Eating Contest
- Friday, 8pm (Beer Garden)
- Apex Firefighter vs Police rib eating competition
Competition BBQ Sales
- Saturday, 9am – 3pm, or while supplies last (Cook Team area)
- The Apex Sunrise Rotary Foundation will be selling BBQ cooked by various competition cook teams as a fundraiser
- For $10, you will get a small plate of BBQ with a few sides
- Friday (Beer Garden)
- 5pm – 7:30pm: Butch Halpin & the Carolina Sounds
- 7:30pm – 10:30pm: Peak City Sound
- Saturday (Main Stage)
- 10am – 11am: Thursday’s Flight
- 11:15am – 12:45pm: Mountain Blue
- 1pm – 2:45pm: RPM
- 3pm – 5pm: Rolling Smoke
- 6pm – 7:30pm: Friday’s Veil
- Saturday, 9am – 5pm (Salem St)
- Various food, drink, merchandise, and organizations
- More information available on the Vendors page
- Saturday, 9am – 5pm (Apex Baptist Church lot)
- Various kids activities such as bounce houses and slides
- Saturday, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm (Salem St)
- Bring the kids to watch pigs and other animals race to the finish line
Anything Butt Competition
- Friday, 7pm (Beer Garden)
- Teams compete on non-BBQ dishes
- More information available on the Anything Butt page
People’s Choice Competition
- Saturday, tickets 11am (Info tent), judging 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Cook Team area)
- You get to judge the cook teams!
- More information available on the People’s Choice page
- Saturday, 5pm (Main Stage)
- Gather to see the results of the BBQ cook team competition
For more information, visit www.peakcityfest.com.