The craft beer industry is up-and-coming in North Carolina, which is home to over 100 breweries – the largest number in the American South. We are known as “The State of Southern Beer,” due to the number of breweries located in the vicinity and the quality of the craft beer they produce. If you live in the Triangle area and you haven’t tried any of these local breweries, you’re missing out!
Just in the Triangle, we have 23 breweries that spread from Chapel Hill to Wake Forest. Below are just a few in the surrounding area:
- Aviator Brewing Company in Fuquay-Varina, NC – Craft brewery with a rotating selection of beers plus a small taproom serving American chow.
- Bull City Burger and Brewery in Durham, NC – Family-friendly microbrewery serving locally raised beef burgers & house beers in a casual setting.
- Carolina Brewery in Chapel Hill, NC – A locally owned brewery and restaurant that has drawn international attention for its handcrafted beers, all brewed in-house.
- Crank Arm in Raleigh, NC – A craft brewery with tasting room located in the heart of the warehouse district in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.
- White Street Brewing Company in Wake Forest, NC – A beer manufacturing facility in historic downtown Wake Forest that handcrafts flavorful small-batch ales and lagers.
- Big Boss Brewing in Raleigh, NC – Craft beer brewery in the capital city of North Carolina.
- Natty Greene’s in Raleigh, NC – The Raleigh brewery offers a full selection of Natty’s styles on tap, from the popular beers found in stores to the brewers’ latest inspirations.
Across the city, there are many brewery tours happening each weekend that cater not only to the local beer lovers, but to people who are looking to get a taste of home. The experience can include tasting the different types of beer they offer as well as learning about the art of making craft beer, which, if you ask any brewing professional, is truly considered an art. So the next time you’re looking for something fun to do, check the list of Triangle breweries from 919 Beer to find a craft beer brewery close to you. 919 Beer is dedicated to growing the local beer community and serving as a resource to Triangle beer enthusiasts.
New Homes & Ideas has great decorating ideas for your new Raleigh home – all online for your convenience. Need more information on additional things to do around Raleigh? Please contact us today, or check our website for ideas.