Happy New Year, readers! In kicking off the new year, I always like to take the opportunity celebrate the success of the past year and look forward to the new opportunities that I welcome with open arms. A new season always brings about the opportunity for more growth, more successes, and more record breaking goals. Life is good and is only going to get better, especially when it comes to living here in the Triangle.
Anyone that knows me knows that I live for statistical facts and projections. I truly believe that numbers are one of the ways to showcase success, and that’s no different than with the building industry. With that being said, I am pleased to share some of this past year’s successes in why the Triangle is the best place in the county to live and build a new home. These facts I share come from the best of the best in economic research including Triangle MetroStudy, MarketingEdge, and MarketSmart.
- Building Permits – +15%
- Job Growth- +27,112 /TOTALING: 20,157 new jobs in the area
- Population Growth – 43,000 annually
- Building Permits – +7%, totaling roughly 15,000 Permits
- Fourth in the in the country for Real Estate Investment with Raleigh being named as No. 2 for Best City to Live In by Money Magazine
- Income Growth – +2.9% with new homes sales up by 8.8%.