One of the most fun parts about living in such a vibrant area during Christmas is all of the fun events! There are tons of Christmas events around the Triangle, and we’ve got a list of the best places to go to see Christmas lights this holiday season.
North Hills Tree Lighting
The North Hills annual Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration at The Commons in North Hills on November 18th. Expect fun for the whole family with train rides, crafts, a bounce house, and artisan vendors. Santa will make an appearance at 6pm and the 41 foot tree will light up!
Park West Village Winter Wonderland
On the weekend of November 17th, Park West Village will host Winter Wonderland. This is a family friendly event, going for three days. Enjoy train rides, music, and a trip to see Santa! There will be a light show and a Christmas tree lot, as well. Each day boasts different activities, like carolers and sledding, Santa and train rides, a Carolina Hurricanes booth, and more.
Chinese Lantern Festival
Koka Booth Amphitheatre holds the Chinese Lantern Festival each year. Starting November 24th, this dazzling event has holiday treats during the walk through of over twenty gorgeous displays of lanterns. The showstopper, the Chinese Dragon on Symphony Lake will be featured. Additionally, you can view exciting performances and crafts.
Local Tree Lightings
Throughout the Triangle, local towns will host their own tree lightings. You can find more information about each one below.
- Apex: Christmas on Salem Street (Dec. 1-3)
- Cary: Christmas Tree Lighting (Dec. 2)
- Fuquay-Varina: Town Tree Lighting (Nov. 30)
- Garner: Light Up Main (Dec. 1)
- Holly Springs: Main Street Christmas (Dec. 8)
- Knightdale: Christmas on First Avenue (Dec. 1)
- Morrisville: Holiday Tree Lighting (Dec. 1)
- Wake Forest: Lighting of Wake Forest (Dec. 1)
- Zebulon: Caroling and Christmas Tree Lighting (Dec. 2)
Need more reasons to move to the Triangle? Check out this video!